Government polytechnic institute for women is situated in Hayatabad at a distance of 20 KM from Peshawar main city. It is spread over 18 canals of land having different academic blocks for Six technologies. Well-equipped workshops and fully functional labs are the key features of the college.
This college started functioning as Government Polytechnic Institute in 1982 and three conventional technologies Electronics, Architecture and Dress making and dress designing (DDM) were introduced. In addition to these three existing technologies GPIW has also introduced two new technologies i.e., Computer Information Technology (CIT), Fashion Design & Marketing and One Year Diploma of Information Technology (DIT).
The college is offering three years post metric courses in the following technologies:
|1||Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) in Electronics||3 Years|
|2||Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) in Architecture||3 Years|
|3||Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) in Dress Designing and Making||3 Years|
|4||Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) in Computer Information Technology (CIT)||3 Years|
|5||Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) in Fashion Design & Marketing||3 Years|
|6||Diploma in Information Technology (DIT)||1 Year (2nd Shift)|
Mainstreaming female folk into the economic fabric of the country through demand driven Technical Education programs
To lead a technical Institution for imparting skill Education and Woman empowerment
- Become a Centre of Excellence in selected areas of Technologies
- Enhancing employability of female folk through skilled education as per market demand
- Strengthening the teaching-learning process through staff training and establishment of state of the art training facilities and involvement of the industries.
- Enhancing training and development opportunities for women of the underprivileged sector of the society.
- Inculcate moral and social values for socially conscious skilled women work force
Our Core values
- Team Spirit
- Quality Consciousness