Regulations for Admission
Government Polytechnic Institute for Women Peshawar offers admission in the following programs.
- D.A.E. (Electronics, Architecture, Dress Making and Dress Designing, Fashion Designing and Marketing Technology, and Computer Information Technology)
- DIT One Year Program
Eligibility for Admission in 3 Year D.A.E. Program
- For DAE in Electronics, Architecture, Dress Making and Dress Designing, Fashion Designing and Marketing Technology, and Computer Information Technology (at least 33% marks in Matric with science).
- For Dress Designing and Making(at least 33% marks in Matric with Arts/Science)
Those candidates who have passed in supply exams are not eligible for admission in the same year.
- Preference shall be given to a fresh Matriculate for admission in DAE 1st year session.
- The merit for admission in D.A.E will be determined on the basis of the total marks obtained in SSC.
- Candidate below 33% marks are not eligible for admission.
Upper age limit of the applicant on the last date, fixed for receipt of admission forms is 25 years while lower age limit for admission in DAE is 16 years. Relaxation in the upper and lower age limit may be granted by the chairman BTE, for which the applicants shall have to deposit Rs.1800/- in addition to the normal admission fee.
Filling and Submission of Admission Form
- All forms should be filled legibly and neatly and submit to the office of admission officer before time positively.
- All the relevant documents must be attached. Incomplete form will be rejected.
- Migration certificate in original from B.I.S.E to K B.T.E, Peshawar. (This condition is relaxed from Session 2021-22 onwards)
- Late submission of form shall not be considered, in any case
- Merit list will be displayed as per admission notice.
- Call letters for interview will not be issued; the candidate shall themselves see his merit position on Notice Board and shall appear for interview accordingly.
The candidates who are eligible to apply for admission must submit attested photocopies of the following documents along with the application form. No application for admission will be considered unless fully and completely made out on the prescribed application Form by the candidate in her own handwriting.
ATTESTED COPIES OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WITH APPLICATION FORM FOR ADMISSION:
|2||Character certificate from the head of institution last attended||1|
|5||Recent photo with white background (Passport Size).||4|
|6||Attested photocopy of National Identity Card of father or guardian.||1|
- Candidates shall submit their admission forms directly in the admission office of G.P.I.W Peshawar.
- If any of the above submitted certificates are found fake or forged, at any stage, legal action will be taken against the student and her admission will be cancelled.
- Merit list and date of interview will be displayed on the college notice board on the date announced and no separate call letters will be issued to candidates.
- Selected candidates must be present with parents/guardian on the date of interview.
- Candidates must bring original documents for verification on the date of interview.
- All dues must be deposited on the same day otherwise their admission offer will be cancelled and the next candidate on the merit list will be admitted.
- Technology once allotted may be changed with in fifteen days after the commencement of classes. If a candidate comes late, she may lose the choice of Technology or even she may lose her right of admission.
- Candidates shall submit their admission forms directly in the admission office of GPIW Peshawar within the due date as advertised in the newspaper.
- Admission is strictly based on merit. The merit, is determined by the Admission Committee, as per laid down admission criteria.
- Whenever two candidates are bracketed, the one senior in age will be given preference for the purpose of admission.
- Ten (10) marks shall be deducted for every extra attempt availed after passing the Secondary School Certificate in the annual examination. F.sc Passed out are exempted from the rule of 10 marks deduction per year.
- Twenty (20) marks will be added to the Matric marks on the recommendation of Committee for Hafiz-e-Quran to the candidates who claim and prove to be Hafiz-e-Quran.
- Admission dues must be deposited on the day of interview otherwise their admission will be cancelled and the next candidate in the merit will avail the chance.
- Migration Certificate must be submitted after getting admission in the Institute.
- If a candidate comes late, she may lose her right of admission.
- Migration from Government to Government College in the same shift is allowed in 2nd & 3rd Year. Migration from Government to Private or vice versa is not allowed.
- In case of repeat the year 50% Fee shall be charged from both the morning and evening shift students.